Campus Planning

Recently Completed Projects

In alphabetical order:

campus housing

Campus Housing Master Plan

WMU campus housing stock - residence halls and apartments - was originally built between 1948 and 1974.  The Campus Housing Master Plan provides guidelines and criteria for enhancing and replacing the aging buildings.

 
     
Auxiliary Enterprises project Auxiliary Enterprises Office Relocation
WMU Auxiliary Enterprises were recently moved from the Bernhard Center to the fourth floor of Moore Hall.  The project to renovate Moore Hall, a former residence hall, into functional offices involved taking out a few walls and adding in bulkheads for visual interest and daylight harvesting.
     
Brown Hall

Brown Hall Renovation
The Governor's Executive Order of May 2005 initiated the renovation of Brown Hall, a classroom building originally constructed in 1967.

LEED points checklist

Slide Show

     
Chemistry Building

Chemistry Building
The Chemistry Building adds a key component to the sciences district on the west side of campus, joining Wood, Rood, and Haenicke Halls.

Slide Show
     
Dalton Promenade, 2007

Dalton Promenade Renovation
First developed in the 60s as the "Pedestrian Promenade", WMU's principle north-south corridor was updated to provide 100% barrier-free access as well as a badly-needed facelift.

     
Oliver Street relocation drawing

Oliver Street Relocation
With the help of a grant from the State of Michigan, the university reconfigured Oliver Street, the campus road that runs between Stadium and Oakland Drives.

     
Richmond Center

Richmond Center for Visual Arts
The first facility dedicated to the display and teaching of visual art at WMU.

Slide Show
     
Ring Road

Ring Road Improvement:  Signage
In order to improve wayfinding for visitors on campus, signs identifying the campus ring road were installed around the campus perimeter.

Ring Road Map
     
architectural renderings

Robert J. Bobb Stadium - Hyames Field Renovation
Renovation and upgrades to baseball field and facilities.

 
     
South Kohrman

South Kohrman Renovation
The south wing of Kohrman Hall, vacated by the College of Engineering in 2003, was renovated to house the Gwen Frostic School of Art

     
Sindecuse Health Center Sindecuse Health Center Renovation
A reconfiguration of the lobby, pharmacy and business office provided for expansion of the pharmacy and improved patient service in these areas.
 
     
Roundabout

West Entrance Roundabout
The roundabout, W. Michigan Ave. boulevard, parking lots, and bus transit center were constructed in the summer of 2002.

 
     

 

 

Planning Division of Facilities Management; Mail #5313
Western Michigan University
1903 W. Michigan Ave.
Kalamazoo MI 49008 USA
(269) 387-8543 or 387-8544 | (269) 387-8818 Fax
campus-facility@wmich.edu

 

Shipping Address:
Planning Division; Facilities Management
Campus Services Building

1201 Oliver Street

Kalamazoo, MI  49008