WMU Campus History

1980 Construction Photos:

Dorothy U. Dalton Center

Back to Trivia Page

Enlarged view of construction sign

bullet The College of Fine Arts facility was built to house the departments of music and dance.  Dorothy Upjohn Dalton was a prominent community figure and energetic proponent of the arts.  She served on the WMU Board of Trustees from 1964 to 1972.

Dalton Center during construction
Structural framing and foundations for east end of Dalton Center.  Construction fencing across lower part of photo includes image of the WMU Bronco.

Aerial photograph of construction site
Aerial view of Dalton construction site.   Sprau Tower and Dunbar-Knauss classroom building can be seen on bottom edge of photo.  Upper right corner shows parking lot that used to be just south of Wood Hall.
Dalton construction scene, looking toward Sprau Tower
Construction workers on foundation wall.  Sprau Tower and Miller Auditorium in background.

 

 

Planning Division of Facilities Management; Mail #5313
1903 W. Michigan Ave.
Western Michigan University
Kalamazoo MI 49008-5313 USA
(269) 387-8543 or 387-8544 | (269) 387-8818 Fax
campus-facility@wmich.edu

 

Shipping Address:

1201 Oliver Street

Kalamazoo, MI  49008-5313