The first building for the Western State Normal School, the Administration Building, was constructed in 1904-05. In 1905 and 1907 the Michigan Legislature appropriated funds for the construction of an addition to the building: a gymnasium and additional classrooms.
Architect E. W. Arnold of Battle Creek, Michigan, returned to design the addition. Below are plans from 1906 showing the proposed additions in the context of the overall campus plan from 1903. The "Gymnasium and Addition" was completed in 1907.
Click here for enlargement
Pass pointer over plan to view comments.